Spanish B HL/SL

I'm in the IB Spanish 5 class at my school, and I'm about to take the SL test this year (they won't let me HL since I'm a Junior), and we have not prepared much for the IB tests. For the majority of the year, we have studied some vocab, and practiced Spanish a little, but it wasn't until about January this year that we started to talk about what the exams would be like. That being said, I think I am sufficiently prepared for the tests because we have looked at old exams and they are very simple, and on the IA's we have done, my teacher has given me high marks.

I hope this information helps, how has your class prepared for the exam this year?

Edited by Armani

I'm taking Spanish B SL and I've been studying this language for three years only. I find the past papers very easy, I also scored very well on my mock exams, however I wanted to express my... disappointment, maybe? I mean, for a non-native speaker it is of course difficult to score a full 100%, but the grade boundaries for Spanish B SL were rather high last year, what means that it'll be sufficient enough for me to lose a few points out of Paper 1 to score only a 6 overall. Our teacher told us that the reason for that is the fact that in the United States there are many people who are fluent in Spanish (for example they come from an immigrant family) and take the subject for an easy 7. I think that's quite unfair.

Nevertheless, I feel very well prepared for the exams, I've learnt so much for these past three years - there was only me and my friend taking this course (I was SL and she was HL), so the atmosphere was very favourable for us - if we didn't understand something we could ask and also suggest certain exercises. I also had six hours a week of Spanish, as we had joint classes. We were using the Spanish B textbook by Ana Valbuena, that was full of very nice examples and questions that could appear on Paper 1. We were also given many written assignments (about twice a week) so we could practice for Paper 2.