Loftus and Palmer/Zanni- WORDING OF QS

Hello everyone

I am working on IA at the moment HL- Loftus and Palmer or Loftus and Zanni (I haven't decided yet).

I am currently living in Georgia where the native language is Georgian.

As you may know the IV is changing the questions.

DO you think I would be able to ask questions in Georgian?

and

If I can't or decide to not, do you think the fact that the language in which the questions are asked isnt native to subjects (although subjects are fluent in English their understanding of the nature of words (connotation, the trrue nature of the and a- assumption that with the thing exists ) can influence the outcome?

Big thanks

Is it not possible for you to do the experiment on IB students at your school who hopefully speak English? Or is there too few of you?

However, if that doesn't work, I think for the veracity of your experiment it would be better to ask your participants in their native language, or else find English speaking people there. If you ask Georgians in English, the point of the experiment will be missed, but if you ask in Georgian and attempt to translate the experiment as best you can, your results will be more authentic.

In my case I had a similar problem. I live in Ecuador and our native language is Spanish. Although most of my classmates understand English it could still be a problem for the experiment. I stated this complication as an extraneous variable, and in order to control it I would use simple words in english to ensure the full understanding of the words presented to the participants. If you are going to use Loftus and Palmer I suggest that you do as the IB Tutor said, because some of the words used in the original experiment may be misinterpreted by the participants, and it could affect the outcome of your experiment,

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...