IB Visual Arts HL - Can I change my theme?

Guest Cocainest

Guest Cocainest

So, I'm taking Visual Arts HL and I chose Teenage Rebellion as my theme (IB One). I begin my last year of school (IB Two) on March 3rd (calender is different here). However, I think my theme is a little too vague and I ran out of ideas for my next 7 paintings (I have 8 so far and I need 15 in total). Is there any possibility that I can change my theme? Let's say changing from Teenage Rebellion to The 7 Deadly Sins (this is just an example)? Or do you have to stick with this theme until you graduate?

Please help!

Sure, you can change it! IB Visual Arts does not require a theme; usually one will just gradually become apparent by the time you finish everything. So don't feel any pressure to actually have some kind of dramatic switch because its not really necessary. If you find however, that you're reaally inspired by the 7 sins then go for it! No one will stop you, and you will not be penalized.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed my theme...err, completely...at the beginning of this year halfway through and so did one of the five other girls testing with me. We both had enough pieces, but you do have to work double time if you find yourself going in basically the opposite direction from what you were originally doing, like me. However, you might have a better idea when you change your mind and find yourself doing something you're really pleased with and have loads of inspiration for. On the whole, it was kind of a relief for me.

• 2 weeks later...