math studies project help needed

neverendingIB

I've chosen the topis of motivaiton in sports. I collected 20 data points (10F 10M) --> time needed to swim 50m freestyle in 3 conditions. Can I do any calculations for the 20 datapoints as all are measured in the same unit? How can I do scatterplot for that? Actually, I'm confused with IA math studies. I've heard that I need 60 datapoints and 3 variables, and I've also heard that data HAS TO be correlated at r2 = 0.8 or at least 0.6 , so that's why I have a difficulty to find ANY data that'd fit those reestrictions (moreover, I can't skip this criterion, as IA's are assessed by our theacher ;< )

any help would be appreciated.
(PLEASE)

why don't you ask your math teacher? it is ok to ask questiones

I did IA in math studies and it is not hard at all. and if your topic is so confusing to you how about choosing smth else?

did you read the criteria? there is nothing about what you say. so I think your info about the requirments is way too dramatic.

Edited by leon93
  • Like 1

I did my maths project on how the height and age of swimmers affect the speed they take to swim 50 metres freestyle, I took 80 pieces of data for each variable (40 female and 40 male). I did 4 scatter graphs, male speed against height, male speed against age and the same two but for females. I did pearsons product moment correlation coefficients for each and got really strong negative linear relationships. Then I did chi square tests for each and found that they were dependent of each other (the height/age did have an effect on the age). I definitely think that you need more pieces of data so your results are more valid.

• Like 1