Creativity Project Ideas

If by that, you mean an actual CAS project, your CAS project only needs to cover two areas at most. If you mean the CAS for it, here's some of what I did for it:

- Photography club

- Poster design for charity events

- Painting a therapy room for a baby orphanage

- Stage design team for multiple school events

- Tutored people (could be considered creativity)

- Pottery classes

- Face painting

- Hoodie design

- Newspaper club (head of graphics)

Creativity doesn't have to mean pure art stuff- it can mean thinking in a creative method; ie, thinking creatively to explain ideas to people!

It varies by school, so if you're really worried, I would check with your school just to be safe :)

• Like 1

Well, as crimson.threads said, it does vary by school. I'd advise talking to your IB coordinator (or your CAS coordinator if you have one) and finding out what does and does not count for each section.

I worked on the tech crew for my school's fall musical, so I got in something like 200 hours building and painting sets, running spotlights, fine-tuning audio, folding endless programs, and of course the usual unseen duties of stagehands like dealing with props and helping with costumes. If I ever have to deal with a giant rubber ogre costume ever again, I may go insane. Ogre costumes aside, it was tremendous fun and I got to march in a parade, so there's that. My CAS coordinator, being the veritable goddess tbat she is, let me count it as both creativity and service!

Also, due to a quirk of my school's schedule, I ended up with a single elective space outside of IB courses. Since it's not IB, my goddess CASC is allowing I and the other diploma candidates to use whatever class we chose for CAS hours. I mention this because you may have a similar situation and work you already do may be translatable. Who knows.

Outside of those, I'd suggest checking out local clubs or school groups. At my school there are loads of artsy clubs like photography, debate, speech team, the student newspaper, etc etc etc. You might find a new passion.

• Like 1