Engineering universities with optional SAT

Hooman Tavassolian

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem.
I've got a quiet good condition in IB and my predicted grades are high. I got a 5 in AP ( calculus AB ) and I am doing another one ( calculus BC) this year. I didn't study much for SAT test last year and took one test and my score was just 1570. I am planning for US engineering universities. But the point is that most of the deadlines are just approaching and I don't have a good chance of increasing my SAT score right now, meanwhile we are busy with our internals and EE. Are there any Engineering universities who don't require SAT?

Uhm, Based on your SAT and that you want to study engineering, I would suggest Penn State. Georgia Tech deadline was yesterday so you won't be able to be enrolled there(unless they have a regular and a hard deadline). The universities that don't require SAT are not good engineering schools, I would avoid those due to the similar tuition fees to the good universities. Buffalo and stony are also considered as good universities with low-average SAT requirement, but not in the same level as the emphasis on comprehensive research that the good universities have.

Btw, do you want to study in a public or private?

I have only mentioned public universities to you though.

Try to use this site: http://us-universities.timeshighereducation.co.uk/

• Like 1

you should check college search on collegeboard.com (https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-search) It's a great tool to see your university matches including scores, majors, clubs, location etc.

Consider that the deadline of most of them is January 1st so you should start working on your common app in order to complete everything including your recommendation letters

Edited by Natalia_12
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

I've got a quiet good condition in IB and my predicted grades are high. I got a 5 in AP ( calculus AB ) and I am doing another one ( calculus BC) this year. I didn't study much for SAT test last year and took one test and my score was just 1570. I am planning for US engineering universities. But the point is that most of the deadlines are just approaching and I don't have a good chance of increasing my SAT score right now, meanwhile we are busy with our internals and EE. Are there any Engineering universities who don't require SAT?

u can try fr university of toronto they dont actually require SAT and it is one of the best college in Cananda.

• Like 1

Uhm, Based on your SAT and that you want to study engineering, I would suggest Penn State. Georgia Tech deadline was yesterday so you won't be able to be enrolled there(unless they have a regular and a hard deadline). The universities that don't require SAT are not good engineering schools, I would avoid those due to the similar tuition fees to the good universities. Buffalo and stony are also considered as good universities with low-average SAT requirement, but not in the same level as the emphasis on comprehensive research that the good universities have.

Btw, do you want to study in a public or private?

I have only mentioned public universities to you though.

Try to use this site: http://us-universities.timeshighereducation.co.uk/

Thanks for answer. Being public or private really doesn't matter for me if the quality of education is good there. Moreover, I was thinking of scholarships since my scores are capable of getting so.

Hey guys,

u can try fr university of toronto they dont actually require SAT and it is one of the best college in Cananda.

Thanks.

If you're looking to get into a half-decent engineering schools, I would suggest you retake the SAT and get +300 to be competitive. All the SAT optional ones that I can think of are the liberal arts colleges that may not have the engineering program that you are looking for.

Quality of education really matters for me and so do the scholarships. anyway thanks.

Hey guys,

Thanks.

you should check college search on collegeboard.com (https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-search) It's a great tool to see your university matches including scores, majors, clubs, location etc.

Consider that the deadline of most of them is January 1st so you should start working on your common app in order to complete everything including your recommendation letters

Alright, that helped a lot. Thank you.

• Like 1

If you're looking to get into a half-decent engineering schools, I would suggest you retake the SAT and get +300 to be competitive. All the SAT optional ones that I can think of are the liberal arts colleges that may not have the engineering program that you are looking for.

Actually I am retaking SAT for Jan 25th but will it be accepted by then?

Actually I am retaking SAT for Jan 25th but will it be accepted by then

I think the deadline is December for most if not all US schools :/ I know that U of Toronto, UBC, and McGill won't require SATs if you're outside of the US so try those schools.

Actually I am retaking SAT for Jan 25th but will it be accepted by then

I think the deadline is December for most if not all US schools :/ I know that U of Toronto, UBC, and McGill won't require SATs if you're outside of the US so try those schools.

Yeah, I know about those universities requirements. I was told by my coordinator that I can inform the university that I am gonna send the SAT or IELTS results later, like in Feb.. and They will not decide until I send them those results... isn't that right?!

Each university is different; for instance,the ones that I have applied to had their application deadline on the last day of November, but they take December SAT scores. You should check each school's requirement, but February SATs may be too late considering you'll get your scores near March. Considering that schools make their decisions near the beginning of March, it seems unreasonable to send February marks. January ones may work depending on the school though.