Count yoga as creativity?

SavannahG

I'm trying to convince one of the cas administrators to let me use yoga as my creativity conponent.. In what ways could it be used for that? Also, what is the purpose of it in the end? She asked me questions like that and I'm unsure on how to answer, I just don't have any creativity options and would really like to use it for that!!

This could also be helpful for other people in my situation if everyone could pitch in what they think :)

Thanks everyone!!

Well I am pretty sure you could use it for action. But if you added some component to it in which you later on drew out how you felt during yoga, or something simple like that, you could conclude about the effect it has on your emotions with pictures or something... Just a thought. And it really doesn't seem that hard.

Yeah, yoga seems more appropriate for action. However, for creativity.. maybe like inventing your own poses or something? You could do it with a friend/s and make up partner/group yoga poses… Or making your own yoga routine of sorts? Although I don't know how feasible these ideas are as I'm sure there are already hundreds of yoga positions.

To state the obvious.. for yoga to be creative it's got to involve creative thinking. :)

Edited by bluedino

At the end of the day you've got to go with the word of your IBC/CAS Co-Ordinator.

Personally I think it's a bit of a reach making yoga into creativity. If you can't think of a way it's creative then it's more or less a sign that it's probably not really creative(!). The whole point of CAS is to force you to do things you supposedly weren't doing before, so if you don't have any creative activities then you should probably go and get one :P Creativity is probably the easiest one to do because you can generate the activity yourself. Learning an instrument, dance, drama, art and other traditional forms of activity are pretty easy to do and you don't even have to be any good at any of them. Just do the required amount. CAS is just about jumping through the hoops!

• Like 1

As someone has already mentioned you shouldn't try to convince someone that yoga is creative if you are having problems defending this yourself. On the other hand, I am sure there are so many fun creative things to do at your school. Personally I tried MUN for the first time no knowing how it was going to be and even a bit scared of giving speeches but it turns out to be one of the most memorable and enjoyable moments at school. I really hope you are able to make the best of CAS and IB.

Just like the others said, yoga can't be a creative activity. You can do lots of other things. I worked in a school drama team doing back stage design, making posters and others required material for the dramas. There are lots of ways you can satisfy the creativity requirement rather than forcing yoga to be considered creativity.

Okay so i understand what everyone is saying about it being action and i agree with that. What im saying is i would like to take yoga away from the action part and make it creative. My friend suggested that we take classes for a year not just learning yoga but also the history, language, etc and then teach it to kids the following year. Yes, i realize that is service but i want to make this creative. Im not looking for people to suggest i count it for action, i already have those hours. With the time demand for being involved in musical i cannot do that and behind the scenes such as painting or costumes does not appeal to me in any way. Cas shouldn't be pure torture, you should also be doing stuff that you actually enjoy. Im sure everyone can agree with that!