Internet Course

selmslampard

Ok, so I'm gonna apply to IB next year, but I have no idea if I'm gonna do Maths on HL or SL, because my school doesn't offer HL. They only offer an internet course. Does anybody have any experience with these internet courses, and if so, are they harder to "participate in" than regular classes. Because if my school offered Maths HL with a teacher actually present in the same room as me I would easily pick this, but now I don't know.

Any thoughts?

I know that Mathematics HL is pretty hard, at least. A lot of the people in my class dropped out of SL and changed to Studies because they thought it was too hard. I think it might be even more difficult online, but if you are really good at math, enjoy math and have good self-discipline, I would say go for it!

I also have some people in my class who have taken psychology online, and I think they are quite pleased with that. I do not know if it is the same type of course you will take, but they have an online teacher and stuff, so it seems like a pretty good replacement when there is no teacher availiable at the school.

P.S. I see you are from Norway, I am too! A lot of the people in my class who dropped out of SL took 1T in VG1 and did not think that was very hard, but they found SL too hard. Just a heads up, because the HL might be much harder than you think!

• Like 1

For a tough and rigorous course like Math HL you need a proper mentor to guide through IA's, tough and complex questions and clear doubts. Internet course will just teach you the basics and solve examples, they won't help you further. Take Math SL if it is offered in school. Or you can request tuition from Math teacher of another IB school (common practice here ) . But just as the above post had said, Math HL is not at all an easy subject.