Your Worst Subject

Survivor Rob

• 1 month later...
Guest syrianstar

I pretty much hate all my subjects because they're all as bad as each other; except Economics perhaps :D

For Biology and Chemistry and Maths the teachers don't explain very well and we all have trouble understanding a concept until someone volunteers to explain again - then we all sigh with relief!

As for English .....well....it's getting kind of boring; we're doing Robert Frost and it all seems so :) <------he shows exactly what I mean lol

For Arabic our teacher is very good but I'm just not very good at the subject!!

But my worst, and absolute NIGHTMARE has to be TOK - it's even more boring than english. We need to add some serious flavour to that class :)

hey

chemistry SL --- because its boring and i hate labs

math --- tooo much brain work and the teacher sometimes doesnt knwo what shes explaining

engish A1 SL --- boring..boring...boring

economics HL --- im half asleep in almost all econ classes (she knows the topics and everything unlike other teachers but its sooooo boring)

biology HL --- i like it as a subject but our teacher isnt that good

Arabic A2 HL --- teacher wise ill probably say shes the most one that knows what shes doing!!

TOK --- the teacher makes the class soo boring and unenjoyable (for God's sake she gave us the essay titles for May 2008 instead of 2009 i dont knwo what would of happened if we didnt discover her mistake!!)

but i nag and work all day -- thatz me :D

however, i dont hate IB i hate IB's work :)

I don't like the languages mostly because of our assortment of teachers. I don't like how they count off for giving your view on the literary work just because it conflicts with their views.

I also don't like annotating, group speaking, and writing subjective essays in any subject, the languages manage to combine all three.

yes I did :)

did it all my life :P did it for my EE, and chose to do it as B HL to get an easy 7... then I slacked and got a 6 :hug:

it is an interesting language to study, but when you already know it you're not so interested :P

I would probably not understand the Egyptians and I speak fluent arabic ^_^ it's a different dialect.. but I would like to understand what they're saying as well :P

I'd love to study Arabic!

Besides, I'm half Egyptian and from what I've heard Arabic people (or people speaking Arabic) generally understands us though we do no not understand them :P However I do not speak Arabic very fluently, it's not my mother tongue and I've never tried to speak to a non-egyptian arab.

My worst subject for the moment is probably B&M; you think you really get everything the teacher's talking about, it's logic, it's pure damn sense, however during the mocks it really struck me it's not only logic, you gotta refer to Ansoff Matrix and da da da.. furthermore I'm the only student in my class taking B&M so the lessons are not very varied and exciting.

I love languages, however I'm not that fond of the way the languages are examined, I hate that what is important is quantity and not quality..

Guest syrianstar
I'd love to study Arabic!

Besides, I'm half Egyptian and from what I've heard Arabic people (or people speaking Arabic) generally understands us though we do no not understand them ^_^ However I do not speak Arabic very fluently, it's not my mother tongue and I've never tried to speak to a non-egyptian arab.

I'm studying Arabic A2 HL and since I lived in London for eleven years before moving to Bahrain and taking IB, my arabic is in serious need of help. But you know I'm getting slowly better and it feels great to feel confident in speaking it again! Even though I still have my misgivings about the subject (I just can't imagine it being my favourite :P )

I can understand the egyptian dialect well although the tunisian / morrocan arabic is difficult because they add french words in between :hug:

QueenSara, its nice to know there are some arabs in this forum lol.

• 1 month later...