Math Studies IA topic HELP!

hellodear

Hello! My math teacher gave us the criterions for the IA, I told him I don't want to do statistics because I'd like something "more challenging" he suggested I do something related to trigonometric functions, he mentioned something about measuring distances between stars and I thought about doing that and maybe using different constellations or comparing the time it would take a regular car to get there or something, I really have no idea what to do but I'm really interested in doing something with math and astronomy, any suggestions!? THANKS!

As much as I know (and it isn't too much) measuring the distances between stars takes time. If you're going to use the parallax technique (which takes at least 6 months). There's also the brightness technique,and I'm not that familiar with that one, but I don't expect it to be easy.
Anyway good luck, I believe you'll think of something very interesting ;)

I don't know much about Maths Studies IAs, but I know a lot about IB. My advice? Do the simplest thing possible that will get you the best score possible. Overcomplicating stuff is very likely to end up being a huge disadvantage and you need every single point you can get.