What's your theme?

robertomx

My theme is the cirque du soleil but i understand what you mean when it think your theme sounds cool but it ends up sucking. I think it's not really the theme that makes your artwork cool but what you do with it you know? I'm just so terrible at planning out what I want to do with my theme it never really goes anywhere or pushes any borders. >.>

^^^^oh hai there sexy!

nagemnoodle's my art buddy here

My IB art theme is "intepretation of the word: Twilight"

Now before I get people jumping all over me and insulting my theme, I just want to say that it's not about the Twilight series book by Meyer ;) It's about the word, twilight. This theme is really broad and has opened up so many ideas for me, and I love it :P This month, I am intepretating Twilight in a religious aspect. I know, I'm really scretching this theme out, and milking any ideas I can from it.

Edited by Mrs.Pattinson

• 4 weeks later...

Well, having finally looked at a theme, mine is existentialism and all that it entails. I started off with a bunch of scholarly sort of works about philosophy, and over the year as my IB angst levels increased to the point of wanting to kill a few canvases, I started doing some really avant-garde stuff about how people have no respect for logic, and how we still treat other people as if we were the only conscious entities and the world and what not. Really loving the art at the moment, it's great. I get to read descartes while making violent suicide-art. Amazing stress-reliever, and all my friends think I've gone nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering, what's everyone's theme for visual arts?

Mine: The Universe and men through time and feelings.

sounds interesting, but it ended up sucking. Haha. So anyways, what's yours?

well my theme is alternating realities...and its a really good theme if any body would like to use it...u can put fictional objects with real objects...making small things large and vice versa....

another good theme would be problems happening in the world...feminism...and yes the use of colour would make a lovely theme as somebody had already mentioned since u dont have to limit urself and may be able to do anything you would like just with the use of the colour...it can even be in a limited amount!

• 1 month later...

My theme is "identity." It's really broad and I can research all sorts of things, and there are plenty of artists who deal with it as well, which means I can make some pretty good links. I'm happy with it :D Recently I've been doing fake magazine covers which explore the perception of women from different perspectives...I made a DIY lighting studio in my bedroom, it was so fun! It was also tiny tiny tiny, and my model had to squeeze in one little space, but it was a really interesting project all the same.

Our IB Art exhibition is in less than a month! At the end of March :D What about everyone else? When's your exhibition?

• 2 weeks later...

well mine right now.. is kind of in the grey area.

i've got like, one of a dragon, so i guess it's myths/legends? i have no idea.

pretty cool though, i might work through greek and roman mythology and then get into the european/chinese legends kinda thing..

say we like, decide to change our theme midway through.. if you justified why.. would it be okay? or would changing your theme never be okay..

and like.. what would you do? write an explanation on why you changed your theme in your research book?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mine is nature.

Is that any good?

I'm in Art SLA.

I'm doing art in nature and landscape .I really like the beauty of nature , so that them works for me quite well .

And I will also do some Landart,looking forward to that.SO There is nothing wrong with doing nature. You can't do anything wrong , just do what you like as your theme and research artists properly and apply loads of different techniques.

• 3 weeks later...

My theme has changed so much, probably about 4 or 5 times. I began looking at "the common thread"- what connects us, that turned into layers, which made me begin looking at people and societies...this led me to paint some experimental watercolour portraits. (Insert a change of teacher here). I came to the realisation that my old teacher was terrible, by the end of the first year no one in my class had much to go off, some didn't even have a theme (ahem..me). I finally settled on female goddesses...which is evolving into my (hopefully) final theme:

THE FEMME FATALE

My advice: Find a theme, settle on it early. Don't have it so wide that people who don't know your theme won't be able to see a link, but not so narrow to cause you to run out of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love all your topics!! Seriously, they are so cool...

I don't really have one yet... I changed over three times my topic and so, I'm kind of in trouble because I don't have one yet. Unconsciously I feel very restrained when working under an specific topic.

Anyway, yesterday I started thinking about my topic being "Mood Expressions," or something that allows me to put in art daily feelings...

What do you think?