International CAS Project?

r.h.a

Hello :)

I was wondering if anyone would like doing an International CAS project. In other words two or more students from different IB schools create one big project that is carried out in different countries of the world. I reckon it would be an incredible and remarkable experience. Anyone interested??!

Oh and I am from Saudi Arabia :D

Edited by r.h.a

International CAS project, I would like to know which sort of a project you are under taking. Is it action oriented or is it service oriented? If it comes to international level co ordination and managing the project will become a very difficult and time consuming task. And who will be the project leader? These all things needs to be considered if you want the project to be successful.

It sounds interesting! What did you have in mind? :P

I was thinking that if we have a huge group as in 7 representatives from 7 different schools we can design and start a campaign about a specific common social conflict, such as self-image, anorexia, or bullying. It is not that much of a time consuming project, it is simple, but it's the idea that different people from different backgrounds cooperated together. It can be creativity, for we are creating and coming up with the campaign and service because it spreading a vital social image. It can be a leadership project for each representative, because each student would be leading his/her campaign in their school. We can also conduct a survey in the end to see how effective it was and combine the results in a pie chart or any other kind of graph. Do you have another idea in mind? :D xx

• Like 1

International CAS project, I would like to know which sort of a project you are under taking. Is it action oriented or is it service oriented? If it comes to international level co ordination and managing the project will become a very difficult and time consuming task. And who will be the project leader? These all things needs to be considered if you want the project to be successful.

I really appreciate your advice but if you read my previous comment it might clear some of your concerns :)

Well this seem like a great idea. Although everyone that participates should ask their supervisor for approval. I am currently going to participate on the InterCAS that take place between South American countries. Students from all of Peru are travelling to Colombia for a CAS project in cooperation with other students from South America, it is going to be great!

I was thinking that if we have a huge group as in 7 representatives from 7 different schools we can design and start a campaign about a specific common social conflict, such as self-image, anorexia, or bullying. It is not that much of a time consuming project, it is simple, but it's the idea that different people from different backgrounds cooperated together. It can be creativity, for we are creating and coming up with the campaign and service because it spreading a vital social image. It can be a leadership project for each representative, because each student would be leading his/her campaign in their school. We can also conduct a survey in the end to see how effective it was and combine the results in a pie chart or any other kind of graph. Do you have another idea in mind? :D xx

Something really unique, you can start an online forum wherein you can invite other members to share photos and write their experiences regarding your above topic. Make sure that you do all these things during IB 1 year, ( because max 15 hours is only counted.)

Something really unique, you can start an online forum wherein you can invite other members to share photos and write their experiences regarding your above topic. Make sure that you do all these things during IB 1 year, ( because max 15 hours is only counted.)

What do you mean, that max 15 hours is counted?

If you do an activity of say lets us 90 hrs ( which happened to me while doing robotics) only 15 hrs is counted max per activity and the rest of the hours wont be counted.

Edited by akash jishnu

Hello :)

I was wondering if anyone would like doing an International CAS project. In other words two or more students from different IB schools create one big project that is carried out in different countries of the world. I reckon it would be an incredible and remarkable experience. Anyone interested??!

Oh and I am from Saudi Arabia :D

that sounds pretty cool. is that allowed though? would that count for 'my' part of the cas project or how does it work? shouldn't one do it with their schoolmates?

If you do an activity of say lets us 90 hrs ( which happened to me while doing robotics) only 15 hrs is counted max per activity and the rest of the hours wont be counted.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it works that way in our school! :o

No I think it is applicable to all schools otherwise my school would have supported me for doing 90 hr project. Just check the CAS hand book and you will know it.

No I think it is applicable to all schools otherwise my school would have supported me for doing 90 hr project. Just check the CAS hand book and you will know it.

I skimmed through the CAS handbook and found nothing, so I asked an older student and she said that I could do as many hours of the same activity as I wanted! Although more than 50 hours for any of the three wouldn't be counted as I already had "my fill".

hours.

I skimmed through the CAS handbook and found nothing, so I asked an older student and she said that I could do as many hours of the same activity as I wanted! Although more than 50 hours for any of the three wouldn't be counted as I already had "my fill".

Sounds confusing I will talk to my co ordinators and will let you know. Really I cant just exclude remaining 72 hours.

hours.

Sounds confusing I will talk to my co ordinators and will let you know. Really I cant just exclude remaining 72 hours.

Hopefully you'll be able to count those hours! :D

• Like 1

↑Such a big long quote

Uh-oh. There are like only 4 IBers in my whole school...

But that sounds like a good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry this has been inactive for sometime. HOWEVER, I HAVE GREAT NEWS! So I talked to my CAS supervisor about this idea we had, but with a little twist. Instead of having a campaign and all that work we'll make it simple and at the same time it would count as an international collaborative CAS project for you. So the idea is that each person or a group of IB students from different countries would make two short videos. The first you would shoot a video talking about a major problem in your country. For example, my country which is Saudi Arabia would be the huge gap between the rich and the poor, because here a middle class does not really exist. You are either rich or poor. No shades of grey. That would be one problem. Please understand that by making a video about a conflict in your country, it does not mean that you hate it or that you are ridiculing it. It is the opposite completely. This is because the second video will be about proposed feasible solutions to the problem. Therefore you are trying to help it become better. Which is kind of the whole point of IB, becoming "well-rounded global citizens and students!" I cannot believe I just said that, but you know IB brainwashes you. ANYWAYS, continuing.. You can leave your emails or a method of contact here and I will send you an outline or a plan of the project as soon as it is finalized! ALSO, to make things exciting, my friend's father works in the UN (United Nations) and we can actually show them the video and you never know where it will take us, maybe it will cause a difference or spark a chain of action. THIS IS EXCITING! AND I WANT YOU GUYS TO GET INVOLVED AND SPREAD THE WORD! Shall I mail you all free Redbulls to get you hyped up with me about this? Trust me I'd do it! Your names will be mentioned in the end of the video of course, so you will be famous as well haha :P So it is a win-win situation! ANY IB STUDENT CAN PARTICIPATE! Whether you are 80 IB students in your school or just one. Each video that any of you worked on will be included, so BE CREATIVE PEOPLE! It is not time consuming! Movie maker is an easy apple pie! I'll help you out if you want! SO YOU IN?

P.S. please do not be negative and say you won't be able to make it blah blah blah okay? I appreciate your concern but seriously save your opinion. Sorry. As for the rest of you who are amazing and would participate, well hats off for you ;) MWAH X

Oh and it might seem that I am a bit mad as a hatter and you might think how can we count on her? Well I assure you that I won't wast your time or mine. I am doing an irregular diploma ( 3 sciences --> bio, chem, and physics ) and I have as much on my plate as you do on yours. I am also the Secretary General of the MUN in my school and I am organizing the third annual local level conference and running it. So I promise you, your time and effort that you will put in will not go to waste! YOU WILL LOVE THE FINAL OUTCOME :D

Edited by r.h.a
  • Like 2

Well this seem like a great idea. Although everyone that participates should ask their supervisor for approval. I am currently going to participate on the InterCAS that take place between South American countries. Students from all of Peru are travelling to Colombia for a CAS project in cooperation with other students from South America, it is going to be great!

It sounds more than great! I genuinely wish it all goes well! You can even tell them about this project?! Read my last comment please :D

• Like 1