Maths Studies IA HELP PLEASE URGENT

Abdulrahman Fayad

HI everyone,

Is it true that maths studies ia must have data collection?? I have seen many projects that don't have data and simply algebra and calculus and have got very high marks? My teacher said that you must have data collection but im trying to explain to her that you don't need data collection. So what do you guys think? My topic has no data collection, I really need help.

Thanks,

(NEED URGENT REPLY)

There is a whole criterion about data collection, so yes, it is a necessity. As Yahooo! suggested, read the criteria, that will give you a very clear idea of what you should include. In fact, the whole IA part of the Maths Studies subject guide will be to a major help if you've read through it. And no, no projects without data collection will have done well. Are you sure you didn't misunderstand what the data collection was in their task, or that the evaluation of the project was based on a specific part of it only? Also keep in mind that the data collection might be of a primary or secondary source, i.e. you either collect the data yourself by measuring, surveying, whatever, or by finding raw data and use those (for instance, a student could study the correlation between GDP and literacy, given that he or she finds raw, unaltered data on the subject).