Lebanese Food

~Lc~

tabouleh? do I sense a lebanese? :(

Hihi. YES! Well, I'm born in Sweden, my siblings are born in Lebanon (and my parents somewhere else. I'm the kind of person who don't know what to say when people ask 'where are you from?') and I LOVE tabouleh. It's the best. I had my friends tasting it and they demanded the recipie and then their mothers also demanded it haha. B) :(

Edited by Afterglow

Hihi. YES! Well, I'm born in Sweden, my siblings are born in Lebanon (and my parents somewhere else. I'm the kind of person who don't know what to say when people ask 'where are you from?') and I LOVE tabouleh. It's the best. I had my friends tasting it and they demanded the recipie and then their mothers also demanded it haha. B) :(

Really? Well my mom is lebanese and we came back from there just yesterday. It's a beautiful country, with very delicious food!! :( My mom always does the best tabouleh and my friends just love it. :(

Really? Well my mom is lebanese and we came back from there just yesterday. It's a beautiful country, with very delicious food!! :( My mom always does the best tabouleh and my friends just love it. :(

I do agree that the food is delicious :( I have sadly not been there though even though my parents lived there and all my 8 siblings are born there but it would be very nice to visit. And tabouleh = love. I could live on it forever. :(

:( I love lebanese tabouleh too! it's just not the same in Amman :(

Off topic!

Do you want a separate thread to discuss Lebanese food? I'll make you one. :(

oka oka! we're busted :( I'll make one :(

Any chance you get a good Lebanese Shawarma in Amman, Elsa? mmmm chips, garlic sauce (toum), pickles, chicken and the most softest of pitas *drools and looks for Arabic restaurants in Singapore*

oi that's one thing that's not lebanese! shawirma is overall arabic :( tastes good in any arsbic country funny story though...

chicken shawirma is banned in Jordan now because of a series of food poisoning accidents where it's rumored that a few people have died :( so we only have meat shawirma (which I like better anyway) but I don't eat shawirma anyway because it's too fattening :(

Oh yeah, I heard about the Jordan thing. Actually, Shawama are best in Lebanon, ever tried Saudi ones? not nice, they put hot sauce instead of garlic, I mean come on?

Who cares about the fat? It's all about the good flavour. I should try making it next weekend.

erm, people who watch their weight do :( you should see me complaining about lunch on msn to HMS because it's oily :(

the ones in amman are pretty good :( and I've only had lebanese ones in Cyprus :( which would explain why I wasn't such a big fan of it :(

erm, people who watch their weight do you should see me complaining about lunch on msn to HMS because it's oily

hmmph women. I eat anything and never usually get fat haha, it's soo useful.

which would explain why I wasn't such a big fan of it

It doesn't, pray explain why?

LOL I am having so much fun reading all this.

oi that's one thing that's not lebanese! shawirma is overall arabic :( tastes good in any arsbic country funny story though...

chicken shawirma is banned in Jordan now because of a series of food poisoning accidents where it's rumored that a few people have died :( so we only have meat shawirma (which I like better anyway) but I don't eat shawirma anyway because it's too fattening

I had never heard of that actually. Interesting.

erm, people who watch their weight doyou should see me complaining about lunch on msn to HMS because it's oily

But you know, oily is better than er...buttery (?) provided it's not fried :( Or at least I think so.

because it was lebanese food not from lebanon! it's like having flafel in america.. it just isn't the same :( the food is best in it's home country :(

and stop rubbing it in damn you people with high metabolism! DIE DIE!

Lol I'm a woman and also one with high metabolism :( It has it advantages yes.

And the food is also best if the cook actually knows what she/he is doing *cough* Mum's food...I'm not so fond of certain Lebanese resturants though because sometimes they can be such a joke. I once went to one which served Wark Inab that totally was manufactured and just eww. Oh and their menu with "Lebanese specialities" included fried froglegs, butter-cooked lamn testicles, snails and other things which made me almost lose my apetite. It's of course French and not Lebanese although some might argue against it considering Lebanon has been french before...

Now if you excuse me, my mum just made mloukhieh with chicken and rice *goes to eat' :(