Possible Biology questions? (HL)

Emzy_memzy

Hi guys, I guess today everyone is finishing paper 3, when can we start our discussion about the papers? Either paper 1 and paper 2.

You can discuss both papers after 6PM GMT-time in the exam discussion forum only. That's approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes from now.

we can discuss paper 1 and paper 2 :D today

but for tz2 its been more than a day :o

Yeah, it'll be more than a day for some. A common misconception is that the 24h rule is just that you have to wait 24 hours from the time of your own examination, but in fact, you'll have to wait 24 hours from the latest possible examination. The staff had decided quite a long time ago that they were going to calculate that from the GMT time zone, and considering that all the afternoon exams should be finished by 6PM, you will thus be able to talk about the exams 24 hours after that. In other words, afternoon exams that are scheduled for the afternoon cannot be discussed before the time is 6PM in Great Britain the day after.

You can read more about that here.

• Like 1

Hehe, I am not the boss just yet! :P And no worries!

The Exam Discussion forum is organised in a way that all new threads need approval from a staff member, so it wouldn't be a huge deal if you had misunderstood the 24h rule and posted something in that forum. The only thing that would happen, is that you'd have to wait for a moderator or administrator to approve the post. A thing we as moderators need to be very alert of during the exam time, though, is discussion of the exams before the 24h have elapsed or if discussion takes place outside of the exam discussion forum, both which are against the rules of this forum. That is partly why I followed this thread in the first place, as some might find this thread a good place to discuss the exams immediately afterwards ;)

Anyways, enough off-topic talk! We moderators are supposed to be role models here, and now it's me who goes off-topic.. :P Oh well, they will probably forgive me!

• Like 2

Hi guys, I guess today everyone is finishing paper 3, when can we start our discussion about the papers? Either paper 1 and paper 2.

You can discuss both papers after 6PM GMT-time in the exam discussion forum only. That's approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes from now.

It's been over 3 hours and 30 minutes so I suppose we can start the discussion of the papers now? :)

It's been over 3 hours and 30 minutes so I suppose we can start the discussion of the papers now? :)

It seems like I miscalculated slightly, it was 3h 30m in my time zone till it was 6PM, and I am in GMT+1. That means it's still 20 minutes left, sorry about that!Though, write your thread in the Exam Discussion forum, and I or another moderator will approve it when the time's ready ;) Just keep in mind that you're not allowed to discuss the exams in other places of the forum.

yes they will, mostly cause you are one of the most adorable people i have met :D:)

Hehe, cheers!

• Like 1