drawing a graph

maereth

So it may be a little late to ask, but it really bothers me: in some markschemes, in questions where we're supposed to draw a graph it sometimes says: award marks for maximum point in circle etc. and sometimes doesn't. Does it mean that I'm actually supposed to circle something even if the question doesn't specifically ask for it or it's just a circle for the examiner? And if I am, how do I know what and when?

So it may be a little late to ask, but it really bothers me: in some markschemes, in questions where we're supposed to draw a graph it sometimes says: award marks for maximum point in circle etc. and sometimes doesn't. Does it mean that I'm actually supposed to circle something even if the question doesn't specifically ask for it or it's just a circle for the examiner? And if I am, how do I know what and when?

I think in the mark scheme, it means that if there is a line in the designated circle, then a mark will be awarded. Let's say there is a circle around (3,2). In the exam for example you rushed and your line did not actually cross (3,2); however, your line was very near it. In this case, you will be awarded a point if your line falls in the designated circle. I hope it helps :)

Edited by Egos