IB Maths Studies P1

Tina St

Oppp hello hello fellow Greek :)

Yes, I found paper 1 hard as well :( Well actually, I'd say average, however harder than many past papers I had done.

Question 12 on arithmetic sequences confused me a lot, and I definitely lost marks there, and I was also surprised to see that they included 2 questions on logic. I didn't particularly like the differentiation question either, and overall I feel I made stupid mistakes and that is where I am going to lose quite a few marks, but I'm hoping for the best.

Sadly, the paper 1 from November 2012 and May 2012 was much easier than yesterday's paper!

I totally agree... I think that people who new maths could have written well however I have severe gaps from previous years so I am not into complex things. However, they say that sciences this year will be tough and social sciences will be easier.... In paper 2 i did very good though. Rocked the geometry and the two statistics exercises... :D 3/5 for sure in pp2 and the others were half but i got many marks from there :P
SURPRISINGLY XD

Paper 1 was way harder than paper 2 for whatever reason. I honestly think I may have got 100% on Paper while on paper 1... not so much. The arithmetic sequence question was very hard. And the question with the graph of trees where it wanted a box and whisker plot (forgot which paper) was difficult for myself and my classmates..

@mrbellizzi ; Just so you know, your maths studies paper was TZ1 as you are in America, whereas Europe/Africa are a different timezone - the maths studies papers done by myself and the Greek OP are TZ2 :)

As for how I found the papers, I actually found both of them very simple and straightforward, but that's only because I put in so much work into maths after I used to struggle to scrape a 6 and finish on time. I aimed to improve my scores and maths speed, and succeeded in that - finished after about 60-70 minutes in the exams. :) Hopefully, at least 85/90 on both papers!