Spanish Ab initio PAPER 1 Help

BJD

Hi guys,

I just created this post in order to gather exam techniques for Paper 1 Ab initio (Spanish). I am finding it difficult to grasp paper 1 and I have been balancing on a level 4/5 in this paper. What are your suggestions, apart from "learn Spanish" will aid me to really break down and tackle this paper?

Thank you in advance!

Well, I'm doing French ab initio and also I have English B for which paper 1 has the same structure, only more advanced language obviously. Thanks to this I've done quite a few practice papers, mostly in English but recently also in French. You've probably done that too, but maybe you should focus on your mistakes, like check with the marking scheme because sometimes more then one answer could fit but once you know what type of answer they expect, you choose the right one.

If the problem is with general understanding of the texts, read some of them with dictionary and then search the internet for simple texts in Spanish (books for kids, songs lyrics) which should help you with the sentences structures as well as the vocabulary.

At least this is how I learned both English and French ;d

Well, I'm doing French ab initio and also I have English B for which paper 1 has the same structure, only more advanced language obviously. Thanks to this I've done quite a few practice papers, mostly in English but recently also in French. You've probably done that too, but maybe you should focus on your mistakes, like check with the marking scheme because sometimes more then one answer could fit but once you know what type of answer they expect, you choose the right one.

If the problem is with general understanding of the texts, read some of them with dictionary and then search the internet for simple texts in Spanish (books for kids, songs lyrics) which should help you with the sentences structures as well as the vocabulary.

At least this is how I learned both English and French ;d

I have listened to your advice, and I have used it today and already, I have seen a massive difference. Thank you very much!

• Like 1