University requires Math SL I do mathematical studies?

KIN

So I do math studies and my predicted grade is 4 ( don't judge me) and the university I want (Kingston uni) required math SL 4 points as international law requirement. Is Math Studies like Math SL? I know they are different difficulty, I mean if I do math studies and get 4 points will it be same as math SL? Will it fulfill the requirement of the university?

Edited by Khumar

Technically they are both SL subjects: Maths Studies and Maths Methods. If they've given you an offer already that requires a 4 then I wouldn't worry about it. They would have rejected you if they'd noticed that you only did Maths Studies but they required Maths Methods. They probably don't even know the difference between them in the Law department as it's so irrelevant to Law. If in doubt, you can always ring them but they really shouldn't have made you an offer if you weren't even taking the right subjects!

... also I'm guessing your exam aren't May 2015 then!

Hello, this is my first question here. Hopefully it gets answered.

So I do math studies and my predicted grade is 4 ( don't judge me) and the university I want (Kingston uni) required math SL 4 points as international law requirement. Is Math Studies like Math SL? I know they are different difficulty, I mean if I do math studies and get 4 points will it be same as math SL? Will it fulfill the requirement of the university?

Firstly how can you be predicted a grade when you do your exams in 2015....I do mine in 2014 and still don't have prediction. Secondly maths studies is completly different to sl maths, so either you compensate with another subject or you get a very good grade in maths studies 6 or 7. I find it hard to believe however that if your intrested in law math studies should cause as you don't need it for the acual course itself.

My exams are in May 2015. I am doing pre IB this year and will start IB1 next year. Pre ib is just like IB1 so they can predict our grades. I have a chance to take SL next year. This is why im asking this question. I am rubbish at math and i dont think i can get 2 in SL

If i choose it next year.

Oh right. Strange as I didn't know people did Pre-IB in the UK! Well then if they ask for Maths SL, they probably do mean Maths Methods but as it's ambiguous and also not related to Law I would ring them up to confirm what they're on about, definitely :yes:

• 2 weeks later...