Need an idea for Pysics IA

kingfelix6

Well you could some of the following experiments:

- Finding the acceleration due to gravity by using a pendulum bob.

- Finding the acceleration due to gravity using a falling mass.

- Investigating craters formed in sand; you could for example investigate how the diameter of the crater formed varies as the mass is dropped from greater heights.

- Investigate Hooke's law using different springs or you could even arrange two identical springs in a series and parallel arrangement and see how the extension of the springs varies as the force acting on them is varied.

- You could investigate a cantilever. For example investigating how the deflection of the cantilever varies as the forces acting on it are varied.

- You could investigate a bouncing ball; for example how the first rebounce height varies as the height from which the ball you use is varied.

I hope these ideas will help. You can search the internet, perhaps, to get some better idea on how you can go about them.

Hi all

What are some interesting topics that are good for Physics IA??

Please not something to thermal physics, as I have done alot of experiment on that. But something related to force, motion, etc.

Thanks for all the help!!!

I personally prefer the experiments with circuits ie- finding the force on a current carring wire

-How does currents change in a circuit with thermistor as tempreture changes

There are lots of experiments that you could do and they are all relatively straight forward

• Like 1