Hey guys,

I got my third and final commentary assigned which is supposed to be on Topic 3, International Trade. I found this article, please let me know if it is good. I have some analysis points but I am having trouble getting evaluation points, and maybe mention some analysis so I am on the right track!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/european-business/ukraine-imposes-new-tariffs-on-car-imports-risking-eu-ire/article9789513/

Thanks again!!!

A decent article with lots of figures to talk about. I would say you try looking at the effects of tariffs (a normal tariff diagram) and the effect of retaliatory actions (retaliatory subsidy etc..) by Japan, South Korea or Turkey. That should give you two diagrams to talk about. Try to talk about all the stakeholders involved and how they're affected by both the tariffs and retaliatory actions.

Edited by shad0wboss

You could include a diagram and explanation of theorised open economy with no barriers to contrast your diagrams showing tariff effects. For your evaluation you could weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of the economy, who is affected and how, and long run/ short run effects. Don't forget to make an informed conclusion highlighting your take on the value/ effectiveness of the policy, and use your economic knowledge to back up claims.