Doing IB without doing Pre-IB!

khfah

I'm doing IB next year. I haven't taken any preparation classes and I'm trying to work on my time management. These are the subjects I'm planning to take:

English HL

French HL

Drama HL

Environmental Science SL

Economics SL

Math Studies SL

Any advice? Thank you!

Edited by khfah

Well I can understand your Dillema , i study IB in oman and we dont have an pre IB here . So it is difficult . i have spent half of my first year mostly in understanding whats going on .BUt i think here before your school starts , just be through with your initial chapters in respective subjects , the teachers for the first three months will go slow and easy and then by 4 months you will see that the school picks up speed otherwise it will get difficult to catch up and you are lost .

I did pre-IB and it didn't help me one bit, I actually wish I hadn't done it, it was so painfully useless. IB is a 2 year programme, and that's exactly the amount of time you need to spend on doing it, no prep is really necessary.

Time management comes with time, you'll learn your own pace of work and learn on your own mistakes. Procrastination is impossible to escape, in my opinion. By writing this I'm procrastinating on my Chem revision. ;)

• Like 1

I did the pre-IB and it helped a lot for my classmates and I. The programme is taught by the teachers who also teach the actual IB programme, so they know how we need to prep properly. There are some people in the current program right now who did not do pre-IB, and they struggled a bit some even dropped down after junior year, but there are a few who are doing fine. It just depends. I think that you will do fine as long as you check yourself and make sure you are staying caught up with your work. Teachers are perfectly willing to help you.. just make sure you ask! Good luck :dance2:

• 3 weeks later...

you will die in English and French hun, unless you've taken something equivalent to pre-IB, or fluently speaks French (if taken as language B), or that you're in a low standard school

but otherwise, just bug the teacher if you don't get something and that's important. fail as many time as you want, but the most important thing is to learn from your mistakes.