Simple Question about WIT Essay: What is a good score?

I now someone'll be irked for my waste of bandwidth, but I just have a simple subjective question out there if anyone is willing: What is considered a good score on the Works in Translation Literary Essay?

To clarify, I'm referring to the 1200-1500 analytically essay based upon teacher-developed prompt. Of course it morphs into individual topics of discussion, but it was made clear to me we have to start with the original teacher's prompt.

I ask because I'm nervous about my own grade on the essay. My teacher reviewed our papers and gave each of his students and awarded me a measly 10 out of 22 (12 out of 25 including the other criteria). I've edited my paper since then, but it calms me down to keep track of my rough position on the rubric.

I understand it's a rather subjective question, but I know organizations such as IB tend to have some numbered threshold, official or unofficial, by which acceptable and unacceptable scores are differentiated. I have a tendency to see anything below a 70% (about 18/25 for the final essay) as a failure, but my experiences with IB tell me this isn't always the case.

I value any opinions on this question and appreciate anybody that takes their time to read and respond.

Well, let's just say that I would have been disappointed in myself if I got less than a 17... then again it depends on what importance you attach to this subject and if it's hl or not. Also, try writing out your essays by hand, then typing them, I get consistently better results that way.

Generally, depending on the mark scheme and band, 18-19+ is a 7, and anything between 15-17 tends to be a 6.

So right now, your essay is average, at about a mid-to-low 5, which isn't good in my opinion. You have a lot of space to improve yourself which is always good.

Work on the essay and when you're more confident about it, you can ask someone on the forum to go over it for you. There are many people here who would be happy to do so.

Best of luck!

Arrowhead.

Generally, depending on the mark scheme and band, 18-19+ is a 7, and anything between 15-17 tends to be a 6.

So right now, your essay is average, at about a mid-to-low 5, which isn't good in my opinion. You have a lot of space to improve yourself which is always good.

Work on the essay and when you're more confident about it, you can ask someone on the forum to go over it for you. There are many people here who would be happy to do so.

Best of luck!

Arrowhead.

Wow so you are saying a grade of 19-25 points is a 7??? Since the Written assignment is new I can't find grade boundaries anywhere, how do you know this? Or are you talking about world literature?

Best of luck!

Arrowhead.

Wow so you are saying a grade of 19-25 points is a 7??? Since the Written assignment is new I can't find grade boundaries anywhere, how do you know this? Or are you talking about world literature?

I think he's talking about how it could possibly be. Grades boundaries will only be established once they check our exams and assessments, they're not set before.

Best of luck!

Arrowhead.

I think he's talking about how it could possibly be. Grades boundaries will only be established once they check our exams and assessments, they're not set before.

Exactly. But keeping in mind that the WIT is basically an upgraded World Lit assessment - the structure and format of the essay being deceptively similar - it's safe to presume that the grade boundaries will be similar as students' abilities aren't going to drastically change.