WVW

Does anybody have some suggestions for completing the global values learning outcome? All of my current ideas were rejected by my advisor so I need something that can be done in a short time frame that will satisfy this requirement.

Ideas? Please help.

Perhaps you could write a speech and present it to your cas cohort regarding a global issue that stands out to you? (I spoke about global issues in public speaking/model UN) However if you need something over a certain period of time, try volunteering (perhaps a soup kitchen) that makes you reflect on issues around the entire world :)

• Like 1

At my school, as long as you could justify that your activity was attached to some global values, it was fine. It might not be the same with yours.

Here are some of my suggestions:

• Walk/run/fundraising for Cancer/AIDS/other cause
  • Joining an environment club, spreading awareness, leadership initiatives for projects, (e.g. recycling)
  • Working in a soup kitchen ^(nice one :P )
  • Global wide school events (Vow of Silence, Race for Dignity, wearing some colour of clothing for breast cancer, fighting homophobia, etc.)
  • Organizing such above events for your school
  • Joining and taking part of community clubs to spread and raise awareness for your tradition
  • UCC luncheon (multicultural luncheon)

Yeah, I know that some of these are sort of difficult. The global values outcome was probably the hardest one to do at my school. But you might really have to stretch outside your comfort zone to get things done.