How does one remember so many case studies?

IBchicken

Ahhh, something that all psych students aim to master :D

Clearly, everyone has different styles of studying and remembering but it's great to see how others' study and incoroporate some of the ideas. Perhaps something will work for you too!

What I do:

1. Well first I write very detailed notes on all of the levels of analysis. So in this, I have all of the studies in depth and great information.

2. I have a list of all the studies in each analysis on a bright coloured poster and I posted it up on my wall. So if I ever feel like procrastinating and spinning around in my chair (ahaha happens quite a bit.. not really that good), i check out my posters and sometimes they stick :)

3. I have mini palm cards with the studies on them just for last minute revision to keep them in my pocket

4. Quizlet is a good resource, i haven't used it for psych, but I may in the upcoming weeks :)

5. Sometimes I associate the year with something I know.. For example, 1996 is my birthday so if that is the year of the study, sometimes it is easier to remember :)

• Like 3

Actually you can minimise the number of studies you need to remember. For example, if you're taking Psychology of Human Relationships option, you can use some of the case studies from there for your biological level of analysis questions, such as "Using one or more examples, explain the effects of neurotransmitters/hormones on behaviour." Or you could use the genetic predisposition from the Abnormal Psychology option for the question "to what extent is behaviour influenced by genetic inheritance" and questions like that. And this way, you'll have to remember lesser number of studies.

It's all a matter of inter-relating stuff here and there (It's too confusing though, LOL).

Anyway, just try it and let me know if it works! :)

• Like 2