Localisation of function in the brain

thornluke

I am planning to use Sperry as the study to answer "Explain one study related to localisation of function in the brain", but the danger is that I might be talking about lateralisation instead localisation?

Since to reap 8 marks for these SAQ, you have to answer the answer very directly and in an explicit manner, how should I answer this SAQ with Sperry? Or what should be the focus?

p.s. I believe I have to focus on talking about the corpus callosum? But I'm rather confused.

Help please!

Cheers,

Thorn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey, bringing this back - I'm also using Gazzaniga and Sperry (and considering my exam is in about a week I don't particularly want to change), I'm worried about falling into the whole localisation/lateralisation mixing-them-up trap.

Even after googling, I'm really not too sure what the key differences are, especially within this study. Does anyone know what to specifically talk about in relation to this study and what parts to completely avoid? Thanks :)

Why don't you use phineas gage, as an example and then further elaborate using wernicke's and broca's area that determine the different areas of brain functioning in terms of comprehension and speech production. This will be good enough for a SAQ. Infact, don't mention phineas gage.

Why shouldn't you mention Phineas Gage? It's my favourite haha