(Un)Official Stop-Procastinating-And-Go-To-Work-Thread

Yap

I often find it easy to just open up the internet tab and by "mistake" type in youtube.com or facebook.com instead of those other sites I should visit... Sometimes when I lack sites to visit, I try to enter IBsurvival to find more stuff to procastinate on. I'll leave this thread here, where we all tell each other to stop procastinate, and start working. It is simple, just tell yourself here that you should get to start working with your, whatever you have to do. I'll start.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Erik, you visited this webpage again? Seems you are out of things to do, well, there is a bunch of homework you could do.... How about doing them?

FFS STOP PROCASTINATING!APKSd-ojiahusgdafsdasij

Just block the websites that distract you. Imo making a thread like this just gives you an excuse to procrastinate more. I strongly doubt that if you're actually procrastinating you'd come onto this thread... so people can tell you to go away.

Use Stayfocusd on Chrome. Or if you're using IE, stop using IE and use chrome. If you're using firefox or something, I'm sure there are similar apps on there too.

• Like 3

Just block the websites that distract you. Imo making a thread like this just gives you an excuse to procrastinate more. I strongly doubt that if you're actually procrastinating you'd come onto this thread... so people can tell you to go away.

Use Stayfocusd on Chrome. Or if you're using IE, stop using IE and use chrome. If you're using firefox or something, I'm sure there are similar apps on there too.

Definately get Stayfocusd and make sure to turn on the nuke option. Otherwise you can just turn it off. Or you can follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. If Windows is not installed on C:, substitute the appropriate drive letter.

2. Double-click hosts, and select Notepad when Windows prompts you to choose a program. If you don't get the prompt, or if the hosts file opens in another program, open Notepad (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Notepad), and then navigate to hosts by clicking File, Open within Notepad.

3. Place the cursor at the end of the last line, which will say something such as '127.0.0.1 localhost' or '::1 localhost'. Press Enter to create a new line.

4. Type 127.0.0.1, tap the spacebar once, and then type the address of a website you want to block. For example, to block all traffic from YouTube, type 127.0.0.1 www.youtube.comon this line.

5. Continue to add the websites you wish to block, each prefaced with 127.0.0.1 and a space.

6. Click File, Save to commit to your changes. Dismiss any warnings from antimalware software, which may be triggered by your editing of the hosts file.

7. Close any open browser windows, and then reopen a browser to test your edits. The blocked sites should not display in any browser.

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/249077/how_to_block_websites.html