LikeA'13OSS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

U of T gave me $2000
SFU gave me $7000

UNBC gave me $5000
UBC gave me... $0 (And I was told they were the more IB friendly school in Canada) D:

Oh and if you find this interesting: U of A gives unconditional offers and McGill is pretty cheap due to the extra money given to it from the canadian gov't (I'm guessing)

• 2 months later...

Winthrop University offers a $5000 scholarship to everyone who goes there who has completed the IB program through senior year, regardless of scores.

i mailed winthrop and i may be wrong, but the scholarship you're talking about, totals up to $15000. $5k is the scholarship value and an additional $10k out-of-state grant..

McGill is not cheap for out of province students. It's in fact, around the same price as UofT if you're from outside of Quebec. If you were born in Montreal on the other hand, it'll cost around $5000 less for you to attend McGill.

And it really depends on who you are to get unconditional offers. I got an unconditional offer from both UofT and McGill, and UofT offered me $5000. If I go to McGill though I'll be forced to take 2nd year, which means I "save a year's tuition". Except then there's the extra stress of moving to a french speaking city, AND taking all second year courses.