I know this is not a topic

Realnerd101

Hey there!

Is the final draft due on Friday? If so, you've got some busy days ahead of you! I would suggest you start off reading the subject guide if you haven't already. The subject guides have a lot of useful information.

Have you thought of any topics you want to work with? Most maths studies IAs are dealing with different kinds of statistics, which is perhaps also the easiest topic to do an IA on. However, if you have worked out any awesome ideas for using trigonometry or financial maths instead, go for it!

Then, figure out more specific what you want the IA to deal with. I am myself interested in development in LEDCs and corruption, and I therefore write my IA on official development aid and corruption, and then compare different continents. Key question: What are you interested in?

After that, you'll have to collect the data. As you don't really have time for surveys, I suggest you find raw data online. I, for instance, found my data by utilising the World Bank's and Transparency International's internet pages.

When you're finished with that, perhaps placing your raw data in Excel, you'll begin the actual work - processing the data. Remember that you need to apply both simple and advanced maths. Document your findings.

At the very end of the process, you would analyse your findings and conclude.

If you would need a more detailed plan, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - either here or by sending me a PM ;)

Good luck with your maths project!

Cheers, alefal

• Like 1

Hey there!

Is the final draft due on Friday? If so, you've got some busy days ahead of you! I would suggest you start off reading the subject guide if you haven't already. The subject guides have a lot of useful information.

Have you thought of any topics you want to work with? Most maths studies IAs are dealing with different kinds of statistics, which is perhaps also the easiest topic to do an IA on. However, if you have worked out any awesome ideas for using trigonometry or financial maths instead, go for it!

Then, figure out more specific what you want the IA to deal with. I am myself interested in development in LEDCs and corruption, and I therefore write my IA on official development aid and corruption, and then compare different continents. Key question: What are you interested in?

After that, you'll have to collect the data. As you don't really have time for surveys, I suggest you find raw data online. I, for instance, found my data by utilising the World Bank's and Transparency International's internet pages.

When you're finished with that, perhaps placing your raw data in Excel, you'll begin the actual work - processing the data. Remember that you need to apply both simple and advanced maths. Document your findings.

At the very end of the process, you would analyse your findings and conclude.

If you would need a more detailed plan, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - either here or by sending me a PM ;)

Good luck with your maths project!

Cheers, alefal

I have the topic. This is the draft that I am working on. I need guidance starting it. I really need an example.

I think I know what you are talking about ....about an hour ago I came from that site....but I will look into it!

Thanks bro...and peace

Stay just in case I have any questions. :)

Wait 7 marks out of 20? Is good? Please explain...I was told that we should score at least a 12! -_-

Edited by Sandwich
Please don't use chatspeak. Also, edit old posts to add more information rather than adding a new reply every time. Thanks.

Wait 7 marks out of 20? Is good? Please explain...I was told that we should score at least a 12! -_-

All IB grades are scaled to a 1-7. A 7 on this IA is (i think) 16 or 17+

There is also a sticky in the Math Studies subforum that has a full guide on how to get a 7 on the IA with explanations for every criterion in the rubric.

Edited by Drake Glau

He just explained it to you? On this page, IB Survival, in the forum 'mathematics,' in the sub-forum 'maths studies' (where this thread is posted), there is a pinned thread dealing with the IA. As far as I know, there is only one pinned thread in the sub-forum, so it shouldn't be hard to find.