french word in a song

maereth

hi,

I've got a question. I recently needed motivation for learning french. I don't understand movies (and I don't have to) which was the best way to learn english in my case, I also don't like french music so I started to listen to french versions of disney songs ;) (great method!) And trying to understand some lyrics I came across this:

more precisely, the first word. Can anyone tell me what 'dites' means here? I assume it's a form of 'dire' of course but it doesn't suit anything I've learned till now. I'd say it's imperatif but it shouldn't be written that way in this case...

wait, so imperatif is dites not ditez? ok i'll have to check my sources again when I get home, seems to be my fault that I got it wrong. Sorry ;)

Dites seems to be the imperatif. In my second link, a wikihow on how to form the imperative in french and 'Ne lui dites rien!' (Don't tell him anything) is given as an example of the imperative.