G4 Project Topic Frustraition

Nima

Here is a thread with past Group 4 Projects so you get an idea: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/289-group-4-project-topics/

It isn't necessary to do experiments for your G4 Project, but it may help in your presentation, showing that you have proved/disproved something. Use some scientific theory, don't forget it's a presentation, and you are assessed on your teamwork so get along with your group!

Well it all really depends on the theme your school gave you and what sciences are included. For example, my school's theme was human impact on the environment and I'm in Bio HL with chemistry students in my group, so I'm doing something along the lines of either the effects of different chemicals on soil's ability to act as a buffering agent or the effect of acid rain on bioluminescent bacteria's ability to glow.

^ Adding to what GirlwiththeBlueBox said, my school's theme was a zombie apocalypse, and hence how my country could survive if there was one all over the world except for my little island. We looked at sustainability and how to achieve that in biology, chemistry and physics.

(Sorry I didn't mention earlier, I thought most G4 Projects were chosen and not picked by the school.)

(Sorry I didn't mention earlier, I thought most G4 Projects were chosen and not picked by the school.)

^^ I think they are :P We had groups of 4-5 people all with different topics and had to pick our own.

The Group 4 project is a somewhat pointless exercise so you can tick a box in teamwork. Just pick any random thing and then get some simple science out of it/do some simple experiments. No need to do anything more dramatic than that. For instance we just picked 'fruit'. Other groups did toothpaste, marmite... literally you can pick anything. Based on what's present on my desk for instance, my topic might be a can of Diet Coke. Physics - does it roll in a straight line? Chemistry - testing its acidity? Biology - what happens to it when we've drunk it? You can make it more interesting if you want (a zombie apocalypse sounds a lot more fun to do!), but it really is as easy as that.