Choosing the IA experiment... How did you do?

Floflow

Hello hello :)

I don't think I have seen a post talking about the choice of the experiment to replicate for the IA!

Choosing a topic, it's always my biggest problem... But anyway!

Do you know of a useful website or something with ideas of cool, interesting, easy, and appropriate studies for the IA?

And btw how did you chose your subject if you already had??

Thank you in advance (Y)

If you google the ethical guidelines for the psychology IA that should give you some indication of what you can and cannot do. Once you have a grasp of these rules look through studies that you have looked at in class and choose one that is easy to replicate within the guidelines and in a school settting.

Most IA's are about memory as there is very little deception and they are easy to replicate in a classroom.

I perfectly know what I should do or not do (they keep repeating it in the course :P) but my problem is really to find the study that I want to replicate... But thank you I'll go through the ones we studied in class even though I don't think there is anything that I want to replicate in those ^^

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial request.

I can't choose for you, but try looking at any of these:

You need something that you can discuss well. So make sure you include that in your decision making process. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I chose the Stroop Effect, and I found it very easy. All you do for the actual duration of the experiment, besides the ethical and basic procedures, is time students reading off lists of words while you're timing them. And, making the tests was very easy.You could easily find some online like I did to assist in the process of making them.

BY THE WAY, while we are on this topic, does anyone know where to find guidelines/criteria for a psychology SL IA???

Would help greatly!!

Edited by ItsSabrinaHey