University of Notre Dame

Samsung75

• 4 months later...

My whole family comes from Notre Dame... I went to visit and did not like it at all. Why? Do not go to Notre Dame if you enjoy diversity, it's as simple as that. While I was there I could count the amount of non white people on my hands... It is ridiculously white and for the most part ridiculously rich... I'm sure you can fit in if your not but those 2 things bothered me. I have heard it's incredibly prestigious (from family of course so i assume it's biased). I would advise visiting before going to ND, seeing if you like it then deciding.

But they do have an awesome football team... GO IRISH

• 2 months later...

They're also very religious, so if you're not religious, you might get a little intimidated by it. That's why I didn't end up applying after I visited the school. Also because I come from a very diverse high school, and I wouldn't be able to handle such a non diverse college... But it's entirely about you. Picking a good school is important, but it may be even more important to find a school with the environment that's best suited for YOU.