Are footnotes allowed in a psychology IA?

norsul

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask whether it is allowed to use footnotes in a psychology IA. The thing is that I'm finishing my IA but the problem is the amount of words. I currently have 2100, which is 100 words over the HL limit of 2000, and I cannot seem to be able to reduce the word count any more. You see, I had 2700 words, but it was easy to remove about 500 by taking away some unnecessary paragraphs, and then I removed 100 more by going slowly through the IA and rephrasing sentences and paragraphs so that they would take up less space. Now that I've gone through the IA for so many times, there doesn't seem to be anything that could be removed.

I can't ask help from the teacher, since we have our summer vacation right now and the school is closed, but she wants to have the second final draft (the last one she is going to comment on) to be done when school starts, and its supposed to be a fully submittable version. Using footnotes would probably solve this problem, but I'm not sure whether you are allowed to use them in an IA (I know you can use them in an EE, but this is the IA), so I'm asking you guys :D.

Thanks for the answer, but I've already asked my teacher :D, and she said that I shouldn't use footnotes. Of course I will have to remove the 100 words somehow, but it will be a bit more problematic now. And about the thing that you can go 10% over the word limit makes to sense, since in the assessment criteria it has a criteria which says that "the word count is withing acceptable bounds of 1500 - 2000 words" or something like that and besides, it's not really a limit if you can go over it :D.