What is the percentage of Students that Get there IB diploma out of the ones that take it for the First Years IB'ers?

Angel M.

I'm a senior in my School's first year in the IB program and I'm wondering what is the percentage of students that get their diploma out of the total class. In my IB class of 2013 we have a total of 32 students that have made it to their senior year .(including myself of course XD )We originally had around 45 kids our junior year but many kids either dropped it for AP classes due to the CAS , TOK, and EE requirements or were booted out due to low grades.

Thanks For taking the time to answer this question.

• 2 weeks later...

I go to a school where the only 'option' we have is to do the full IB diploma (it's the only curriculum we follow) so needless to say not a lot of people drop out of it because that would require changing schools. Our average graduating class is around 90 people.

• 2 weeks later...

We started with 12. One left, because she didn't want to face punishment for stealing my phone and running up a £2000 phone bill, and one is dropping to a mix of certificates and A Levels, because she's awful.

Seriously, she did a test and one of the questions was "The man crept into the cellar ____________", with the choices A) Loudly, B) Badly, C) Surreptitiously and D) Quietly.

The answer is C. But she didn't know what a cellar was. :guilty:

• 2 months later...

Lol... Well there's this girl in my history class. Bearing in mind this was after a year of IB HL history, we're reading a passage from a text book and she is asked to read. Upon reaching Mussolini's name (we had already been studying him in peacekeeping for a month) she said 'who's Musso...that guy?' the teacher is surprised but starts describing him as the fascist italian leader at which she cuts him off and says 'what's a fascist?' This girl went on to get a 6 in the year 12 / IB1 mock *facepalm*