What is the change in curriculum in English A1?

Yeah, you only do one WL essay on one text these days. On the text that you're studying you'll then do a reflective statement -- a 300-400 word essay on what you learnt/feelings developed from the interactive oral that you did in class. The reflective statement is scored out of three and contributes to your final WL grade.

Hope I helped & good luck,

brof

• Like 1

Ohh, so the whole thing has to be based on only one text, right?

Really curious about what other people study for Word Lit in different countries... what are the texts that you read for World Lit ? :book:

I read "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin and "Mother Courage and Her Children" by Bertolt Brecht... both European authors.

Ohh, so the whole thing has to be based on only one text, right?

Really curious about what other people study for Word Lit in different countries... what are the texts that you read for World Lit ? :book:

I read "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin and "Mother Courage and Her Children" by Bertolt Brecht... both European authors.

Oh we have Mother Courage and Her Children, too!

And A doll's house by Henrik Ibsen

Also, Antigone by Jean Anouilh :)

• 3 months later...

I am in year 12, we have read, Heart of Darkness, The Crucible and The Royal Hunt of the Sun.

Question: final exam is coming up....we willread an extract and write a commentary, any suggestions on how to prepare ?

Practice, practice, practice, practice! Don't worry about that now as year 12. You got other things to focus on IOP, IOC, Essay etc..