linz27

I am trying to decide between two possible research questions for my IB Theatre HL research question. The two questions are:

1. Based on the French Neoclassical standards of decorum, how should the character of Tartuffe in Moliere’s Tartuffe behave?

and....

2. How should the scenic design for a production of Moliere’s Tartuffe look based on the practice of French Neoclassicalism?

Any input on which question will have more easily accessible information, which is more interesting, or any advice whatsoever is appreciated.

I would very much like to stick with French Neoclassicalism and Moliere's Tartuffe.

I like the second one because you get to apply ideas and stuff..

However, the first one may be easier to research because you can go into psychological reasons for behaviours, as well as other things that affect the behavious of a character and so on. So maybe go with the first one?

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that both may be a bit narrow as there is little you can answer for each. From my experience I would use the first question but change it to:

Based on the French Neoclassical standards of decorum, how should the character of Tartuffe in Moliere’s Tartuffe behave and how should the actor of Tartuffe prepare to play this role?

I am predicted a Level 7 for my research investigation and my title is worded very similarly. If you need any other help just ask :)

• 4 months later...