Help with "Circles"

JIB

• 2 weeks later...

For the people still doing this portfolio I highly recommend you to use Geogebra, it is a software that can help you draw the diagrams and you will find all the necessary information in it. It is really easy to use and I didn't work with the triangles, but with the circles. Also, in my paper states "analytic"...

Edited by Ale Ocana

I need help finding the general statement for the second part and the overall general statement. My project is due on the 22 of June. I really need help I would be so thankful to anyone who could help me!

Ok, so the best thing you can do is to download the software I mentioned. Draw a diagram for r=1 and OP=2, OP=3, OP=4. Also put your values in a table and find the relation between OP' and r-OP, it is really easy, think a bit about it. For the second part (OP=2, r=1, r=2....) again draw the diagrams, find OP' with help of the software I mentioned (it will be in form of a coordinate) and then with excel make a graph of your values. Look for the trendline and get the equation. That will give you the answer. If you need further help let me know

Guest some guy

It's easy man!

Just use what you learned in math class (e.g. formulas, laws, etc.) and do as the instructions tell you.

Write the portfolio like it was a chapter from a textbook (e.g. with thorough explanations, diagrams, notes, etc.) or at least something someone could pick up and read without knowing anything about the portfolio.

Explain everything as if you were trying to help someone your own age understand what you are doing/saying throughout the portfolio.

Geogebra is useful too.

Good luck! :D

For the general statement for the second question, i don't understand the pattern as there isn't any.

Also what does it mean by scope/limitations of general statement and which statement is it referring to because in question 1 and 2 we have two general statements. Also i don't understand what to do for question 3 anyways..

Can someone please thoroughly guide me through...

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest some guy

guys please help me out, i keep getting stuck on that question. I don't know what to say on "comment whether or not this statement is consistent with your earlier statement"

Comment on whether or not the statement is consistent with your earlier statement. ;)

For the question "Use technology to investigate other values of r and OP" do i have to draw the two similar triangles within one another and vary the lengths of r and OP or do i have to draw three circles with those triangles being formed by intersections and then vary their sizes?

Please help me out, i cannot proceed because of this....

Edited by shad0wboss

• 2 weeks later...

I need help finding the general statement for the second part and the overall general statement. My project is due on the 22 of June. I really need help I would be so thankful to anyone who could help me!

well i can send you my proof for the second one, but im hopelessly stuck on the overall general statement, too

the second one is: OP'= (r/2)*r

and you can proove it if you put in the r value.

For the question "Use technology to investigate other values of r and OP" do i have to draw the two similar triangles within one another and vary the lengths of r and OP or do i have to draw three circles with those triangles being formed by intersections and then vary their sizes?

Please help me out, i cannot proceed because of this....

you could use math type, to write out the formulas and stuff, and we got given cabri, but thats ****, use geogebra instead!

• 2 weeks later...