Math Studies both papers, all timezones

I didn't like paper 2 very much. There was little time but the financial question plus the last question. I'm just hoping I do good. I was TZ2 as well. Paper one was good. Better than two. We're forever done with maths :D

You did the last question? Really? That's the only one I didn't have time for, but I was never too good with my functions or my differential calculus... On P2 I found the probability a bit more difficult than anticipated, but the trig and financial question was really easy, I think. It was mostly application of pythagoras theorem and there was no cosine rule, and only one question with sine rule...

Paper 1 I was ecstatic until I saw questions 12-14 which were all functions and calculus, but I somehow answered them. :P Probably wrong, but oh well...

wow, TZ1 was the complete opposite!

Paper 1 - Harder and didn't have enough time :(

Paper 2 - Manageable and answered all (for the most part :P)

Really? Did you have a lot of functions on your P1?

Which one had the cone slant height/surface area (given radius) on paper 2 - TZ1 or TZ2? And how did you solve it?

I didn't have that, so I'm guessing TZ1.

Which one had the cone slant height/surface area (given radius) on paper 2 - TZ1 or TZ2? And how did you solve it?

Paper 2 TZ1

I hated that question though, I hate shapes! :P

I don't remember what it entailed other than asking for surface area, and volume D: what was the rest of the question?

Nope I think just 1 function question on P1 and 1 on P2

Paper 2 TZ1

I hated that question though, I hate shapes! :P

I don't remember what it entailed other than asking for surface area, and volume D: what was the rest of the question?

Nope I think just 1 function question on P1 and 1 on P2

Lucky, we had about 3 or 4 questions on P1 which were basically trig functions and differential calculus...found those really difficult. On P2 we had none, thankfully, but we had this differential calculus question on the end which was difficult, but I had no time for it anyway. :P

Lucky, we had about 3 or 4 questions on P1 which were basically trig functions and differential calculus...found those really difficult. On P2 we had none, thankfully, but we had this differential calculus question on the end which was difficult, but I had no time for it anyway. :P

oh I'm sorry, I thought you were just talking about differential calculus! We had one diff calc on P1 and one on P2 but we had 2 trig functions I think on P1 :) and also a mapping diagram for functions which I couldn't do... (P1)

Edited by ~Deshani~

oh I'm sorry, I thought you were just talking about differential calculus! We had one diff calc on P1 and one on P2 but we had 2 trig functions I think on P1 :) and also a mapping diagram for functions which I couldn't do... (P1)

We didn't have any mapping diagrams, or any application of cosine rule, or percentage error... I think we didn't even have any coordinate geometry.

I solved the first 3 questions on paper 2. Hey what TZ am I? My paper 2 questions were on probability, statiatics, financial maths etc..

Yeah, you're TZ2... did you find the probability difficult? I solved the first 4 questions, but I think I m ade a mistake on the probability...

Paper 1 was perfectly ok... Can't remember much of it, but I only skipped a couple of questions, which is really good for me, I usually skip a lot more... Paper 2, not enough time, got halfway through question 4 and ran out of time, but was ok because I didn't know how to do the rest of the paper anyway, but wasted like 30 mins on the standard deviation question, because I couldn't remember how to do it on the GDC

It went horrible for me... maths ended up horrible for me ;( First my IA (Some guy jammed the printer and I accidentally handed in my first draft, and it was too late to resubmit) then the exams... I got stuck on the degrees of freedom bit (forgot the formula) and spent a while on the question... Then I ran out of time.

I have no idea what timezone I am but on paper 2 I had the fish probability question and the last asked for Volume etc.

Surprisingly little time for both papers for me O.o I finished the first one just as the time ran out, and didnt finish one exercise on paper 2. Overall, I think they were managable, though the amount of funtcions on paper 1 -.- ugh. And I know I made really stupid, little mistakes on paper 2.

Do you guys know what the boundaries for previous exams were, more or less? Do you think theyll change much?