Math SL exam- boundaries 2012

Smile44

Hey guys,

I took the math SL exam a couple of days ago for TZ1, and I honestly think it was much harder than anticipated and harder than past exams. For those of you that took in TZ1, what did you guys think of it? Hard, easy, challenging? Also, do you think the mark boundaries will shift downwards because I honestly think I'm going to fail and all i've been doing is crying. Please help!

I as well found Math SL P1 (TZ1) much more difficult than past P1s. Time wasn't a problem for me, but a couple of the question types were new for me and because of that I struggled with the exam. Right now I'm thinking I'll probably get a 4 from P1, although there is a chance that the mark boundaries will shift downwards like you mentioned. No comments for P2 until 18:00 GMT.

At this point, you'll just do more harm to yourself if you keep worrying about math. Look ahead, focus on the upcoming exams and I'm sure you'll be fine. :) Good luck!

Oh, good...I found it difficult, too. Hopefull the grade boundaries will shift downward.

It was mainly 6 and 10 that I had a problem with.

Cheer up. :) It's over; there's nothing you can do but hope now. Just focuse on your other exams - good luck!

From what you guys have heard, have more people been saying that SL was harder than more people that are saying it was easier?

I practice from past papers and this was way harder than ever anticipated.

Have your teachers said anything about possible boundary shift downwards from the 2012 papers because they get a paper of the exam after we take them.

I had TZ2 and It was sooooo hard! After that paper I got home and cried my eyes out for hours so you are not on your own here! I have lost hope, Paper 2 was even harder! I did loooads of past papers and this year's exam is just wayyyy harder than all the other past papers. It's so unfair :( I've totally given hope on passing math but that mostly cause we also had a ****ty teacher that couldn't handle the stress and only focused on completing the syllabus than actually caring about whether we understood math or not. But like others said, it's over now. Just do well on your other exams and screw math for now. You will deal with it when the time comes, don't mess up everything else just because of that =/ and hey! Stay positive :) I've heard a lot of people screwed up actually so the grade boundaries might lower and maybe you did way better than expected. You never know! :)

Grade boundaries are different from TZ1 to TZ2, and my teacher said that TZ2 is generally easier than TZ1, so think about what kind of exam we had.

What is included in TZ1 and TZ2?

TZ1 is North and South America and TZ2 is other parts of the world

the general pattern is that TZ2 is easier and May is easier than November

Hey guys,

I took the math SL exam a couple of days ago for TZ1, and I honestly think it was much harder than anticipated and harder than past exams. For those of you that took in TZ1, what did you guys think of it? Hard, easy, challenging? Also, do you think the mark boundaries will shift downwards because I honestly think I'm going to fail and all i've been doing is crying. Please help!

Hey

I am in the exact same boat. Utter disappointment since I did all the past papers from May 2000-May 2011 around 2-3 times. Paper 1 was horribly difficult only two people found it OK./decent), otherwise all the rest of the kids found it extremely tough, too much trig and the last question (10) made no sense. Paper 2 was better, I believe but once again section B last question was a bit confusing (I did vectors then I just used their equation). Really hoping for low boundaries cuz a few of the neighbouring schools with kids who have IAs of level 7 flunked paper 1 too so it wasn't an easy one. But really, don't worry and just hope because what is done is done. We can't go back and change our answers so we just gotta wait. *fingers crossed*

Hey guys,

Hey

I am in the exact same boat. Utter disappointment since I did all the past papers from May 2000-May 2011 around 2-3 times. Paper 1 was horribly difficult only two people found it OK./decent), otherwise all the rest of the kids found it extremely tough, too much trig and the last question (10) made no sense. Paper 2 was better, I believe but once again section B last question was a bit confusing Really hoping for low boundaries cuz a few of the neighbouring schools with kids who have IAs of level 7 flunked paper 1 too so it wasn't an easy one. But really, don't worry and just hope because what is done is done. We can't go back and change our answers so we just gotta wait. *fingers crossed*