IB Psychology Exam Paper 2

megg1201

I understand that paper 2 includes 3 questions from each option. What I'm wondering is whether each question will be from one sub-section of each each (e.g. one on violence, one on relationships, and one on social responsibility in the human relations section). Can I essentially memorize long answers to every question in social responsibility and be sure that one of them will be on the exam? I'm in SL, so I'll only have to answer one.

There is no guarantee that the 3 questions will come from different sub-topics. It makes sense that they should to give you guys a range of questions to answer depending on the topics you feel most confident in, but do not count on it. I don't know about the general framework questions because they are basically applied to all of the topics throughout, again I would be prepared to answer the general framework questions with the material you've learned for all of the other topics.

Remember the IB is going to want to give you questions straight from the syllabus so there should be no real surprises but they also want to be able to create a variety of questions for the next many years.

I found this after a bit of digging.

And to avoid starting a new thread, I only need to learn one category of abnormal disorders, correct? For example, I study only eating disorder without being penalized tomorrow for not studying the other two, affective and anxiety.

Edited by Surrideo

I found this after a bit of digging.

And to avoid starting a new thread, I only need to learn one category of abnormal disorders, correct? For example, I study only eating disorder without being penalized tomorrow for not studying the other two, affective and anxiety.

I thought that the learning outcomes for Abnormal was usually "choose one disorder from two of the following groups," which means more than just the eating disorder?

It does, but after searching for the 2011 psych exam, I noticed that the questions only asked for one disorder in contrast to the desired two on the syllabus. Hence, my apprehension as to whether or not to study 2 disorders. I think I'll just study two though. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Good luck, you guys! I am officially done with HL Psychology... We also did human relationships and no one in my class studied for violence because apparently you need to do more research to really get all the information you need on the exam - at least that's what my teacher said.

Good luck, you guys! I am officially done with HL Psychology... We also did human relationships and no one in my class studied for violence because apparently you need to do more research to really get all the information you need on the exam - at least that's what my teacher said.

I feel so relieved. I wrote over 16 pages for paper 2! It was so exhausting, but to be honest I don't even know how they are going to mark it. I felt like I did enough but I am never fully sure. I probably got a 5 :( Maybe even a 4 ugh

oh...That's such a relief. I'm glad psychology is over.

In paper 2 my options were developmental and human relationships. But I didn't study much. The first time I ever opened developmental was the day before the exam! I changed the school in january and in the new school they were doing different options so I had to either change mine or study on my own. I decided to leave the options I had. But then I forgot to study. And then I had to prepare for paper 1. On the may 2 in the evening I just felt that I would get that resilience question. I learned only the section which contained resilience. It was risky but I was lucky!!! And actually there were even 2 questions from this section in developmental. It is reeeeeally risky to learn only 1 section.