CAS - Evidence

Hello all, thought I'd like to start this thread for other people also and clear things up.

So it's finally time for me to start doing my CAS forms and stuff 10 days before everything needs to be done.

I have enough activities that fill in the hours and the results criteria.

I'm wondering though, what are the types of evidence we can use aside from photos?

FYI my school's using ManageBac. That may change things.

For my school, as part of our CAS reflections we have at least one CAS 'supervisor' for each activity (the adults who actually take part with you in the activity that aren't any of your family or friends), which is not to be confused with your school CAS supervisor who makes sure you have done all your hours at the end of IB. Basically, they oversee how we're doing while we do the activity and write a comment about our progress after we've completed all our hours.

You could ask to get a little comment with a signature about how you did during CAS.

Not sure how clear I was on explaining that, so here's an example:

I've taken part in a school drama production, and once it was all done and dusted, I wrote my CAS reflections and had the teacher who was organising the event to comment on my effort, tardiness etc. as well as get their signature as proof I've done the activity.

Apart from that, the best way I think is to show proof through photos.

I used signatures of my supervisors in service and creativity and some photos from my CAS journal...but who gives a @#ck about CAS?

You should give a *beep* about CAS because if you don't complete it, you don't get your diploma. They give you one more year to complete your CAS after IB however, if you don't complete it, you can kiss your diploma good bye.

Yes. cas is really important, I heard someone from last year predicted high score but did not receive diploma because he did not fulfill cas. Sad sorry yo.

I heard about that too, yo. And he was given a chance to complete it but he refused and he lost the diploma. He got around 43 or 44 out of 45. :o