IB Biology Design Lab Question on Human Testing

IBthere4IBS

I was thinking about doing a lab on how various types of music (classical, heavy metal, nature sounds, country, etc.) would affect the heart rate.

My teacher thinks that I shouldn't do this lab because of the restrictions on human test subjects. She said that you can't put people in stressful situations. This is her first year and she is so overwhelmed and paranoid that IB is going to dock us points. Would IB like this lab and am I allowed to do it?

I think your experiment is fine. People in my class did the same experiment with different genres of music and how it affects blood pressure/heart rate and my teacher allowed it. Apparently he's been doing this lab for over 10 years and the IB hasn't said it's unethical. Actually my experiment involved sitting in the cold in a T-shirt for 20 minutes or so and sitting in a steam room for the same amount of time.

I think the IB mainly has issues with stuff that could cause major harm to your body. A bit of heavy metal music won't kill you ;)