Statistical processes help needed - IB/HSC students wanting to study overseas

chrismclee

Right now my topic is:

"A statistical analysis of International Baccalaureate Diploma students and Higher School Certificate students at (My school) wanting to study overseas or within Australia for tertiary education."

I was planning on using pearson's correlation coefficient, line of linear regression, coefficient of determination and chi squared test for independence, however I don't know how to proceed/plot my data for anything other than the chi squared test as I only really have 4 figures. Should I be using some other statistical processes? If so, which ones?

Guest Jar Jar D'oh!

4 figures? as in? don't tell me you only have 4 readings!?

Well I'd like to make a suggestion, since your a Nov 12 candidate, do something off-beat, 90% candidates do study relations and use the same old tests and yada yada. My friend studied share prices using SMA and EMA, and that was new and refreshing! Think of something like that if it isn't too late. :)

4 figures? as in? don't tell me you only have 4 readings!?

Well I'd like to make a suggestion, since your a Nov 12 candidate, do something off-beat, 90% candidates do study relations and use the same old tests and yada yada. My friend studied share prices using SMA and EMA, and that was new and refreshing! Think of something like that if it isn't too late. :)

Well I have 120 data points, but I sorted them into 4 figures as they were all yes or no answers. True, but even so, if I stick to the criteria tightly then I don't see why it would cause a major problem seeing as I already collected all my data already. I'll keep it in mind though if my project starts getting more problematic than it already is...