Theatre IPP Word Count

tanvi.raj

Hello!

I am doing HL Theatre so I know that my word count is 3000 words. However, after reading the subject guide over and over again, and doing extensive googling- I cannot figure out what actually counts in the word count.

I wrote and directed a 3-act play, so I wanted to include script excerpts and journal excerpts into the IPP, does that go into my word count? Also, are quotes/headings part of the word count?

Any help would be really appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hey so after checking out some graded IPP's with examiners comments and speaking to my teacher I think everything goes into the word count for IPP apart from Table of Contents, References and possibly only like quotes taken from outside your own work (but that was a bit vague to me so i counted a quote in mine) but if you quote from your Journal or your own script then it gets counted apparently. But if you include any pictures of like mind maps or something that was technically done during the implementation of your IP for a visual reference it doesn't count in the word limit it's just considered as like an image.

Does that help? :)

And just incase anyone was as confused as me, my teacher had told me we could go 10% above and below the word count but that is NOT true anymore. It was the case once upon a time so approx word count for say HL could range from 2700-3300. Now you really gotta be at 3000 as exactly as possible.

• Like 1