I am looking to buy a TI-Nspire CX version that is approved by the IBO. My question to everyone is: how useful is this tool? Would you recommend it to other students (I am going into SL Math)? Is it suitable for the IB Curriculum? Do you find it better than other GDCs (TI-84, 83 etc.)?

Cheers!

TI 83 and 84 suck, really! buy TI Nspire, it's the best!! the interface is very different from 83 and 84, which is good. it's also easier to navigate with the touch pad. when you use it for IA, the screenshots look so much better than in 83 and 84.

the newest one, TI Nspire CX, is really really good. highly recommended!! it's definitely worth the price methinks. it may also be useful if you have chemistry and physics classes as it can be used with Vernier or something.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

TI 83 and 84 suck, really! buy TI Nspire, it's the best!! the interface is very different from 83 and 84, which is good. it's also easier to navigate with the touch pad. when you use it for IA, the screenshots look so much better than in 83 and 84.

the newest one, TI Nspire CX, is really really good. highly recommended!! it's definitely worth the price methinks. it may also be useful if you have chemistry and physics classes as it can be used with Vernier or something.

Completely agree...

• 5 weeks later...

I'm going to break the trend here, and say I prefer my TI-84. I feel doing mathematics with it is much faster and more efficient, even if the screen isn't as pretty. For IA's you should be able to use Alpha screenshots or those from the Inspire CX application, so that doesn't really make a difference. However, if you have chemistry and physics, Vernier DataQuest is something you'll find useful for labs, so I'd recommend it for that. So basically, I think TI-84 for math and Inspire CX for other subjects - but that's just my opinion! For math, whatever works best and is the fastest for you. If you want, you could go with the color TI-84 Plus C.