How many languages do you speak?

Madridista <3

Fluent: Chinese, English, Malay, Hokkien dialect, Teochew dialect (if dialects counts)

Learning: French, Korean

Know bits of: Hakka dialect, Cantonese dialect, Sarawak native language

omg!!! They are so many!!! When did you learnt them?? Teach me your time managing skills :P  Im so jelly!! jk :P

Norwegian (which makes me able to understand Swedish and Danish - allthough Danish might be a bit easier to read), English, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian/Montenegrian and German (allthough I do not speak it fluently - yet (I am taking German B) - but I can write it and understand it) I am also currently learning Korean.

Fluent: Chinese, English, Malay, Hokkien dialect, Teochew dialect (if dialects counts)

Learning: French, Korean

Know bits of: Hakka dialect, Cantonese dialect, Sarawak native language

omg!!! They are so many!!! When did you learnt them?? Teach me your time managing skills :P  Im so jelly!! jk :P

erm for all the dialects it's all in the cultural norm here haha. You gotta have to know how to speak multiple languages to converse with the multiracial community here :D for Korean, watch dramas LOL 

• Like 1

Fluently three - English, Latvian and Russian

Understand(spoken/written) - Swedish, German, bit of Spanish, any Slavic language similar to Russian (like Serbian,Macedonian), bit of Lithuanian 

Also I'm currently learning Swedish and really want to learn Japanese/Chinese/Korean in the future :)

English and French fluently, because hooray Canada, along with Russian (heritage speaker.)

Like previous posters mentioned, speaking Russian pretty much lets you understand most of the Slavic languages, although sometimes you get some hilarious misunderstandings. Like Czech. That's a prime one for awkward moments.

And I'm learning Spanish at the moment, with the intention to work on Mandarin at some point.

I speak fluently Norwegian and English, I speak intermediate French, I am learning Korean. I also understand Danish and Swedish well, limited German and Spanish, limited written Icelandic and Faroese. I know a few words in a number of other languages (excluding those I can understand to some degree): Russian, Finnish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Latin.. I guess the list could go on. 

I am living my life mostly in English and Korean at the moment, though, with a touch of Norwegian. 

• 3 weeks later...

I speak English, and my French isn't that bad.

I've had it on my bucket list to learn one language from each continent (dividing Asia and Africa into different parts because they're so large), totalling up to eleven languages.  But now that I'm sixteen, and since learning new languages becomes more difficult as one becomes older, I'm worried that I might never reach that goal.

Edited by Bro-ntosaurus

• 3 months later...

German mother tongue, Spanish fluently (and lets say chilean, those are almost 2 separated languages), english fluently and I'm learning italian and a tiny bit of norwegian. BUT, I understand Portugeese and written danish, (most of) written latin and some french. And yes-....I love languages pretty much

I speak fluent arabic and english. I am learning swedish and on a scale of fluency, I am 3/10. 

I was taking french last year but gave it up for extra swedish as well. I might continue with french next year and would really like to study Japanese. I really want to go there and it sounds like a nice language.

• 5 months later...