IB Subject Choices Help!

sweedy

they seem okay to me :). Biology HL isn't so tough and it's really fun and the same goes for English. So you're thinking of doing 4 HL subjects? Because i can already see three there. I wouldn't recommend that because it is a lot of work. But if you're okay with doing 4 HL subjects, you're okay with the amount of work load you'll get, then that shouldn't be a problem. Though i still won't recommend it, i mean, that's what i think.

Edited by kim luffy

I guess it depends on the teacher... I have Psychology SL but the teacher is terrible and I'm glad that I didn't take it as one of my HLs. Biology and Chemistry... Tough, both of them unless you have perfect memory. Or teacher who is kind etc. Mine Biology teacher is great but on the other hand... She made Biology one of my nightmares.It also depends on what you're planning to do... I guess that Psychology looks better than Economics with Biology and Chemistry HL.

Well i'd recommend psychology HL/SL. In my opinion, it's way better then economics but you have to learn and remember a lot in psychology. The internal assessment in psychology is also pretty easy compared to econ where you have to do 4 commentaries.I agree with Lullaby, psychology seems better.

I'm Currently doing a PRE-IB program, and I'm not really sure what HL I should take next year.

I want to study medicine in university, so i know i have to take HL Bio and Chem, the other subjects I'm going to take are: (I don't know which one i should take at HL)

Language B Chinese

Language A English

Mathematics

GLS: Economics or Geography (I cant decide, can someone give me some tips?)

Thank you

I'm Currently doing a PRE-IB program, and I'm not really sure what HL I should take next year.

I want to study medicine in university, so i know i have to take HL Bio and Chem, the other subjects I'm going to take are: (I don't know which one i should take at HL)

Language B Chinese

Language A English

Mathematics

Thank you

For the most part you don't need HL math for medicine. Some universities might require it (I don't know of any off the top of my head that do) but math SL is fine for medicine. It's insanely difficult, even if you love math. Chinese B at HL is also rumored to be difficult even for native speakers. So that leaves English or economics/geography. I can't really help you on which to take because I don't take either of those subjects, sorry. But once you pick just choose which one you like more for your HL (English or your humanity) since it doesn't really matter.

Language B Chinese

Language A English

Mathematics

Thank you

You could take Math HL, it might help you with Chem HL, but it is not required and is A LOT of hard work so you really want to think carefully before you take that. As for Economics and Geography, I would suggest Economics, its fun and not too hard either. But then again, it all depends on what you want to do. :D