Use of technology- can I write it out by hand?

Turkalurky

Hey I am currently workıng on my Type 2 Maths SL IA and was wondering if I could write it out by hand as the task of writing long equations which contain logs and sin's will be very tedious, also i can show more working if i write it out by hand? All my graphs will be generated by a computer programme, and the GDC has been used, so I was wondering if I could be counted down by not using enough technology? Any help would be appreciated, thank you :D

it is not recommended that you write the paper by hand. just type it up! I mean, there's an equation feature on Word and it's not that difficult to use. I know it's tedious and takes a lot of time, but the advantages it brings > the disadvantages. if you write the whole thing, you might lose up to 3-5 marks.

if you really can't type the working, well you should type most of the explanation and simple equations, leave blank spaces for the long working and write the working only by hand after you print it out. still, try to type most of it.

but that could still get you one less mark for the last criterion (or more). examiners just like it better when it's typed up. I wanted to draw my tree diagrams in my Type 2 IA too but my teacher discouraged me from doing it and forced me to draw the diagrams (I had 8 big big tree diagrams!). spent hours doing all the diagrams, but it's worth the time.

PS. I did my EE in Maths and typed up the whole thing. imagine: 45 pages of equations. typed up. diiieeeeeee.....