Chemistry as a career choice

Sam :)

For the longest time, I wanted to be a marine biologist or some sort of biologist that dealt with animals. Recently, I have changed my mind and decided to opt for pharmaceutical studies. Of course, this involves chemistry and I am currently in biology. It is too late to switch out of my biology class, and I do love biology, but does anyone have any advice for studying chemistry on the side. Chemistry is one of my weakest subjects but I need to make it into one of my strongest. I know I have the dedication to do it, so... any advice on what to study?

First of all, speak to your coordinator and exchange one of your subjects in for chemistry. I would suggest taking Chem HL if you want to get into Pharmaceutics. Then once you meet up with your chem teacher, ask her for references to help enhance your basic understanding of chemistry. After that its up to you and your dedication to your ambitions.

I'm here to help whenever possible so don't hesitate to ask me. :-)

Definitely advise changing one of options for chemistry, like history or psychology?

If you really want to do that field, whether your weak or strong, the interest will keep you going. Try the HL class, do your best. If you really can't . Don't kill yourself, Drop to SL . much easier , less work.. But give it a try.. you've got nothing to lose;)

Chemistry is amazing:D Need any help, you can ask me :D!

• Like 1

Yeah I would advise you to change one of your humanity subjects (history or psychology) to chemistry if you're interested in pharmaceuticals. Plus if you take chemistry, you have a better foundation in the sciences which seems to be the field you're interested in. So even if you change your mind again you'll have more options available to you in the scientific field because you took both bio and chem. I thought that I wanted to study biomedical science before but I changed to chemistry XD

If you're into pharmaceuticals and end up taking chemistry, do the Medicines and Drugs option (option D). You'll find it really interesting :D